SSP Update October 2013New Landscape Plan
As part of the Seismic Safety Project, a landscape master planning effort is underway. The plan includes rebuilding the west side of the campus along Turner Drive and near the Emergency Department, as well as improvements to the “front door” of our campus along South Bascom Avenue and Renova Drive. The landscaping effort will include planting of new mature trees, shrubs, and other sustainable and native species. In addition to landscaping, the plan includes way finding (directions), lighting, sidewalks, and other outdoor improvements. This work will take place after the completion of the new hospital building and our Receiving and Support Center building. Take a look at the power point
and thank you for your patience while we improve our facilities and campus.SSP Construction Alert: March 1, 2013Changes to Renova Drive and Hospital Drop-Off Area
On Wednesday, March 6th, the drop-off area in front of the main hospital building will become two-way traffic. There will be a new turn-around at the end of the drop-off area. Starting Monday, March 11th, the south (closest to the hospital) two lanes of Renova Drive will be closed due to construction activities for utilities work being done for the new bed building. The north two lanes of Renova will become two-way traffic.
The south sidewalks along Renova will also be closed but the cross-walk to the Visitor Parking Structure will remain open at all times. There will be flagmen directing traffic on Renova Drive near the front of Valley Specialty Center, at the hospital drop-off, and at Turner and Renova Drives.
If you are coming to hospital please take a look at these maps before your visit.
SCVMC Construction Alert: Feb. 20, 2012
On Monday, February 20th, the Seismic Safety Project team will be modifying the Emergency Department (ED) Drop-off area. This modification is needed to improve patient, staff and visitor safety while allowing for the next phase of tunnel construction that will link the Receiving and Support Center to the Main Hospital. Click here to see maps for Vehicle and Pedestrian access to the Emergency Department.
- Tunnel Construction at Receiving and Support Center
- Fabrication of Exterior Walls for Receiving and Support Center
- Permit for Expansion of Central Utility Plant
- Relocation and Extension of Site Utilities
- Incorporating green design construction methods to get US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) "gold" certification. [read more ... ]
- Steel Frame for Receiving and Support Center
- New parking garage
- Demolition of 645 Bascom Ave., OPD/Admin Bldg.
- Campus Entry (Site Plan Future/Previous Access)
- Seismic upgrade of Rehabilitation Building
San Jose Downtown Clinic
- The clinic will be on the corner of N. 17th Street and E. Santa Clara Street in downtown San Jose.
- Ratcliff Architects have completed the design and are currently producing construction documents for the project.
- The construction documents will be submitted to the County Building Department in December 2011. The project is expected to go out to bid for construction in March 2012. Construction is expected to be completed late 2014 or early 2015.
In November 2008, the voters of Santa Clara County overwhelmingly supported Measure A
. This bond measure:
- Funds the replacement of buildings at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC) to meet the State's mandate for earthquake safety.
- Provides $50 million for construction of outpatient medical services in downtown San Jose.
- Requires the establishment of an independent Citizens Oversight Committee and annual audits.