This publicly funded health care program gives people living in Santa Clara County basic health coverage. There are two types of health care coverage with Valley Care, and which coverage you may get will depend on your income and the date of your application. To qualify for Valley Care, you must:
- Live full-time in Santa Clara County;
- Be between 19 to 64 years of age;
- Be a citizen of the United States or a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least 5 years; Have a family income at or below 133% of the federal poverty level (FPL).
If you qualify for Valley Care, you will receive:
- Health coverage for one (1) year before you will need to renew, as long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements;
- Low co-payments based on your income;
- A list of doctors and locations to choose from;
- Health care services like visits to your physician, outpatient surgery, necessary emergency visits and hospitalization.
To apply for Valley Care you must:
- Complete a Financial Assistance Application;
- Completed applications and necessary documentation may be scanned and e-mailed to:
You may also drop off the completed application and documentation in person to:
SCVHHS Patient Access Department, 770 South Bascom Avenue, San Jose, CA 95128 (across the street from Santa Clara Valley Medical Center).
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted. If you do not bring in all the information that is required, your application will not be complete and you will not get Valley Care coverage. Please help us make sure you get the health care coverage you qualify for by bringing in this information.
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance. If you have any questions or would like more information about Valley Care, please call 1.888.363.3394.
Valley Care - Description of Services
Valley Care - Do not wait until you are sick to get medical care!
Valley Care Transition to Medi-Cal (English)
Valley Care Transition to Medi-Cal (Spanish)
Valley Care Transition to Medi-Cal (Vietnamese)
Valley Care Transition to Medi-Cal Frequently Asked Questions
Medi-Cal Transition Web Site