September 30, 2014: Due to high volume of Volunteer Applications, we are currently not accepting any new Volunteer Applications. We appreciate and thank you for your interest. Please check back at a later date for an update.
Volunteers at SCVMC are part of a positive team who make patients their top priority.
The Volunteer Services Program is open to anyone who meets the following requirements:
- Sincere desire to be a positive, helpful presence in the hospital and clinics;
- Commitment to complete at least 100 hours or more volunteering their time;
- Able to serve people of diverse backgrounds, ethnic groups, and physical abilities;
- 16 years of age and older (teenagers will be interviewed for hospital readiness);
- Able to complete the two-hour orientation, the application paperwork, the confidentiality training, and the health clearance. This process can take up to one month to complete; and
- Responsible for wearing the designated volunteer jacket.
Our program is open to anyone who has time in their schedules to serve 4 - 5 hours one day per week. Many volunteer opportunities are available during the week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. but some are available during the weekend.
Some of the many volunteer opportunities are available at the following locations:
- Nursing Unit
- Outpatient Clinic
- Surgical Waiting Room
- Gift Shop
- Reach Out and Read Program
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Review website; print attached paperwork, review, fill out and bring complete paperwork to an orientation.
- Attend orientation, ask questions and receive answers.
- Get a health screening at the hospital:
- Make an appointment;
- Bring your recent immunization Records (yearly TB tests required); and
- Wait for contact from volunteer services once we receive the health clearance. It could be a few days.
- Purchase volunteer jacket for $20.
- Receive Badge from Protective Services.
- Meet with your Supervisor in the Department you will be volunteering.
Come join us and make a difference in our patients’ lives