Volunteers at SCVMC are part of a positive team who make patients their top priority.
The Volunteer Services Program is open to those who meet the following requirements:
- Genuine desire to actively serve others by being a positive, helpful and warm presence in the hospital and clinics.
- Availability and commitment to volunteer at least 100 hours during 6 consecutive months, serving at least a 4 hour weekly shift.
- Caring, compassionate and able to serve people of diverse backgrounds, ethnic groups, and physical abilities.
- 16 years of age and older (teenagers will be interviewed for hospital readiness).
Currently, preference is given to applicants who are available during the week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Some of the volunteer opportunities are available at the following locations:
- Complete & submit all required paperwork by designated deadline (see attachments below).
- Interview if selected.
- Attend Mandatory Orientation & Training (by invitation only).
- Pass Health Screening.
- Responsible for wearing designated volunteer jacket.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Information Desk
- Physical Therapy *
- Outpatient Clinics
- Surgical Waiting Room
- Gift Shop
- Occupational Therapy *
* 240 hour minimum
- Review website and complete attached paperwork.
- Submit completed application, commitment and reference to Volunteer Office for consideration.
Applications will be accepted either:
In-Person Please drop off at:
Valley Medical Center
751 S. Bascom Ave.,
Main Hospital Lobby, Information Desk
Attn: Luisa Lennon
|Deadline to Submit Applications:
||November 14, Noon|
|Selected Applicants - Notified for Interviews by
||November 18 - 21|
|Attend Mandatory Orientation (by invitation only): includes confidentiality training
||November 24, 10-2pm|
- Get a health screening at the hospital:
- Make an appointment;
- Bring your recent immunization records (yearly TB tests & flu shot required).
- Wait for contact from volunteer services. When the Volunteer Office receives your health clearance, they will contact you for placement.
- Purchase volunteer jacket for $20.
- Receive Badge from Protective Services.
- Meet with your Supervisor in the Department where you will be volunteering.