Social workers are here to help you by providing crisis counseling and emotional support, as well as information and referral to community agencies.
Social workers can help with:
- Arranging help at home
- Information about financial benefits, community programs & agencies
- Housing options
- Available substance abuse treatment programs
- Abuse or neglect issues including violence at home and offer resources as needed
- Counseling about your illness or disability
- Mental health concerns
- Adoption information and child care options
- Information about funerals and planning
- Information about Advance Directives for Healthcare/Financial Affairs
- Employment and training information
- End of life counseling and support
If you would like to talk to a social worker while you are in the hospital or even after you leave you call the Social Services Department at 408-885-5504. You can also let your nurse or doctor know you would like to speak to a social worker, or a family member or representative can call them.