Urology is the treatment of conditions arising from the organs involved in urination and reproduction. Urology encompasses treatment, both medical and surgical, of many different conditions in men, women and children.
Some common conditions treated by urologists are:
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (or enlargement of the prostate gland)
- Prostate, bladder, testicular and kidney cancer
- Kidney stones
- Erectile Dysfunction
- And much more...
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center's Urology Division treats all urologic conditions and specializes in:
Kidney Stone Disease (Nephrolithiasis)
- Latest minimally invasive surgical treatments
- Evaluation and treatment of recurrent stone disease
- Dedicated clinic with dietician for prevention of stones
Urologic Rehabilitation - treatment of bladder problems due to neurologic injuries and illnesses.
Genitourinary Oncology - treatment of cancers of the urinary tract.
- Clinic set up to manage all types of GU cancer
- Offers individualized treatment with attention to the whole person and their family in treating these diseases
- Partners with the Department of Clinical Psychology to provide both physical and emotional support for those patients and their families dealing with the diagnosis of cancer
- The Urology Division is actively involved in research in order to provide the latest treatment options
Reconstructive Urology - treatment of urologic disorders resulting from trauma or conditions which cause scarring or dysfunction of the urologic system.
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy - minimally invasive treatments for enlargment of the prostate.
Biofeedback Training - Biofeedback is used in the treatment of both stress and urge urinary incontinence and chronic pelvic pain syndromes.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction - see the National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) website.
751 S Bascom Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408) 885-6780
Fax: (408) 885-7166