Eating right plays a big role in controlling your diabetes and allowing you to live a long, happy life. Counting your carbohydrates and making sure you eat the right sized portions of each food group will help you manage your blood sugar level.
25 Healthy Snacks for Kids
Content provided by American Dietetic Association
When a snack attack strikes, refuel with these nutrition-packed snacks.
Easy, Tasty (and Healthy) Snacks
You may need an adult to help with some of these snacks.
- Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed cereal and freeze.
- Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese. Top with raisins. Enjoy your “ants on a log.”
- Stuff a whole-grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese and Granny Smith apple slices. Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Mix together ready-to-eat cereal, dried fruit and nuts in a sandwich bag for an on-the-go snack.
- Smear a scoop of frozen yogurt on two graham crackers and add sliced banana to make a yummy sandwich.
- Top low-fat vanilla yogurt with crunchy granola and sprinkle with blueberries.