Valley Homeless Healthcare Program (VHHP) provides healthcare services to people experiencing homelessness in Santa Clara County. We provide care to over 7,000 people every year. Our services are set up to meet the needs of the community. VHHP’s clinic locations include the Valley Health Center (VHC) at Alexian, VHC at HomeFirst Shelter, Bill Wilson Clinic, and Hope Clinic. We also deliver health care services on three Mobile Health Centers that serve many locations throughout Santa Clara County. VHHP also serves specific communities with unique healthcare needs through its Medical Respite Program, Gender Clinic, Saludos Migrant Farmworker Clinic, Backpack Homeless Healthcare Program, and Teen Van. We also link people to additional healthcare services within the greater Santa Clara Valley Medical Center system.
Our core purpose is simple: we wish to promote human dignity, relieve suffering and provide hope so that people can achieve their full potential and improve their quality of life.
- the Guiding Principles of Valley Homeless Healthcare Program
- Innovation and creativity
- Providing compassionate care that centers around our patients’ needs
- Services provided by many team members from different areas of expertise, working together to treat the whole person
- Primary care services, like physical exams, cancer screenings, testing for HIV and sexually transmitted infections, and treatment of conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure
- Mental health services including psychiatric care and counseling for conditions like depression, anxiety, ADHD, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social support services, like help with income, transportation, food, and shelter
- Substance use treatment services including medication-assisted treatments like buprenorphine and naltrexone for heroin, pain medication, or alcohol use
- Legal services, including help from a public defender and lawyers
- Dental services for persons experiencing homelessness are available at many places in the County of Santa Clara. Please call the Dental Service line at (408) 808-6102 to schedule an appointment
Our multidisciplinary team includes Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Medical Social Workers, Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Medical Assistants, Health Service Representatives, Financial Counselors, Pharmacists, Public Health Community Specialists, Community Health Workers, and Mobile Outreach Drivers, Dieticians, and Occupational therapists.