Extremely competitive salary and benefits are provided to interns and residents at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center as a result of the collective bargaining agreement between the Committee of Interns and Residents (National Affiliate of Service Employees International Union - SEIU) and the County of Santa Clara.
Salary and Benefits for 2019-2020 year are:
- PGY1 = $62,412, PGY2 = $68,548; PGY3 = $74,836
- Each resident receives an educational stipend ($800 for PGY1, $1,350 for PGY2 and PGY3) for educational expenses (e.g. books, conferences). Categorical residents also receive reimbursement for the USMLE Step 3 and all California licensing fees.
- Meal allowance of $114 monthly for in-hospital meals
- Catered meals are also provided for weekday educational conferences which are NOT sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry
- Free parking and mileage reimbursement for required away rotations
- In-hospital library and access to the Stanford Lane Library including all online journals, texts and learning resources (e.g. Up-To-Date, MD Consult)