The Regional Burn Center follows the established guidelines of the American Burn Association and practices in a multi-disciplinary team and patient/family-centered approach. The American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association have verified our Burn Center for providing the best possible care to our patients.
With professional support from other SCVMC departments, including trauma, psychiatry, ophthalmology, anesthesia, orthopedics, infectious diseases, pediatrics, physical therapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation and social services, the Regional Burn Center is able to provide immediate and exceptional care to its patients.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care for each patient in a compassionate, respectful, and patient centered environment. Our goal is to achieve the best possible functional and cosmetic outcome for each patient so that they can lead a productive and meaningful life.
Did you know:
- The Regional Burn Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center has been treating burn patients for over 40 years;
- It is one of only three regional burn trauma centers between Los Angeles and the Oregon border;
- This eight-bed intensive care unit treats both adults and children;
- The Regional Burn Center has been specifically designed for the care, treatment and rehabilitation of thermal, chemical, contact, electrical and radiation injuries;
- In addition to specialized clinical professionals, a Psychologist, Social Worker and a case Manager are part of the team to help patients or family members deal emotionally and financially with a burn injury.
The medical professionals of the Regional Burn Center are committed to prevention, research, teaching, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of burn injuries.
For more information regarding the Regional Burn Center or our services please contact Emiko Rivera
via email or call (408) 885-6670