Information about how to prevent burns, especially scald burns, is available by clicking on the items below:
Pediatric Respiratory Care and Sleep Disorder Services information is available in English.
Respiratory Care - English
A number of SCVMC primary care pediatricians work at locations throughout Santa Clara County. To find more information about our primary care locations, click here.
Kids Can’t Fly
To keep children safe, it is important to know how to prevent injuries like falls. Every day about 8,000 children are treated in U.S. emergency rooms for fall-related injuries. This adds up to almost 2.8 million children each year.
Thankfully, many falls can be prevented. Parents and caregivers can play a key role in protecting children from falling from a window by using these tips:
- Keep furniture away from windows. A bed, couch and other furniture lets a child get higher and closer to a window.
- Lock all unopened windows and balcony doors.
- Watch your kids, especially around windows and balconies.
- Put in window safety guards. Every year many children fall out of open windows with window screens. Window screens will not keep your child from falling.
- Teach others – family, friends and babysitters about home and window safety.
For more information about preventing all childhood falls go to http://www.safekids.org/fall-prevention