Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Receive care, no matter what your age, race, ethnicity, culture, color, national origin, language, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, appearance, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, religion, or diagnosis.
- Have the right to designate a support person of your choosing, This support person may be, but it is not limited to a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), a family member, or a friend.
- Know about your medicine in terms that you understand.
- Receive information in a manner that you understand.
- Provide informed consent for any images or recordings of yourself.
- Know the members of the specialty pharmacy team.
- Participate in the decisions concerning your medicines.
- Not be involved with research without your consent.
- Receive care free from mental, physical, sexual, or verbal abuse. Have the right to request protective and advocacy services.
- Have your religious beliefs respected.
- Have your choices about end-of-life decisions respected.
- Have your privacy respected.
- Be treated politely and with consideration.
- Have your comments or complaints reviewed by the organization.
- Remain under physician's care while receiving services.
- Provide your health care providers with a complete & accurate health history.
- Accept the consequences for any refusal or treatment or choice of non-compliance.
- Participate in your plan of care and report any changes in your health status.
- Treat your health care provider with respect and consideration.
Medicare Supplier Standards
The products and/or services provided to you by Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Hospital & Clinics are subject to the supplier standards contained in the Federal regulations shown at 42 Code of Federal Regulations Section 424.57(c). These standards concern business professional and operational matters (e.g. honoring warranties and hours of operation). The full text of these standards can be obtained at http://www.ecfr.gov. Upon request we will furnish you a written copy of the standards.