A wide array of specialty services are provided through the Department of Psychiatry.
INPATIENT ADULT PSYCHIATRY AT SCVMC
Medication, psychotherapy, psychological testing and treatment, and occupational therapy are provided to patients admitted to the psychiatric hospital units.
EMERGENCY AND CRISIS SERVICES AT SCVMC
Evaluation, treatment, and referral services are provided to involuntary and voluntary patients admitted to EPS and the mental health urgent care clinic.
CUSTODY PSYCHIATRY SERVICES AT COUNTY CUSTODY FACILITIES
Medication management, psychotherapy, psychological testing and treatment, are provided to patients admitted to the main jail psychiatric hospital unity, and to inmates in the general population at the main jail, Elmwood, and Correctional Center for Women facilities.
ADULT AND CHILD OUTPATIENT PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES
Medication, counseling, case management, psychological testing, and substance use treatment services are provided to patients in Ambulatory Services and Behavioral Health Services Department clinics.
FULL LIST OF SERVICES
- Emergency psychiatric services, including evaluation of involuntary psychiatric detentions, and treatment and stabilization of acute psychiatric illness
- Voluntary and involuntary inpatient psychiatric treatment
- Consultation services to medical, surgical, and pediatric patients hospitalized at SCMVC
- Post-hospital care services
- Walk-in crisis services through mental health urgent care
- Screening, triage, and appointment services for access to outpatient psychiatric treatment (can be reached through 1 (800) 704-0900)
- Outpatient case management services for children and adults
- Outpatient counseling services for children and adults
- Medication management services for children and adults
- Re-entry transition services for patients released from custody facilities
- Substance use treatment services for adolescents and adults
- Screening, triage, and appointment services for access to substance use treatment services (can be reached through 1 (800) 488-9919)
- Telephone suicide hotline services (at 1 (855) 278-4204 24/7)