Everything Imaginable To Overcome The Unthinkable
We go about our daily lives, looking both ways, trying to be careful. Trying to avoid the unexpected. And hoping we never, ever, have to face the unthinkable. A traumatic brain or spinal cord injury. Or a major stroke.
At the Rehabilitation Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC), we’re undaunted by the unthinkable.
That’s because we’ve created one of the most innovative rehabilitation facilities on the West Coast. Filled with some of the most compassionate and highly qualified board-certified doctors, therapists and nurses in the nation. All ready when a catastrophic injury patient arrives.
And from our groundbreaking stem cell research, to the cutting-edge ZeroG gravity system, to one-on-one peer counseling, we’re using the latest advancements to get patients up and moving and living again. Sooner. And with more successful results.
We’re doing everything imaginable, to overcome the unthinkable.
The Rehabilitation Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center – a 64-bed full-service physical rehabilitation facility licensed by the State of California and located in San Jose – has been treating individuals with brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, and other disabling neurological conditions since 1971. The experience gained over those five decades and the exceptional skills of a dedicated team of rehabilitation specialists has brought advanced treatment, leading-edge research and technology, superior patient outcomes, and renewed hope to more than 10,000 people.
See the amazing recovery of Ryan, a local student who experienced a spinal cord injury. Thanks to Ryan's hard work, the support of his family, the medical care and therapy he received at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Spinal Cord Injury Unit, and High Fives he has returned to many of the activities he enjoys.
Watch Ryan return to the sports he enjoys with the help of High Fives!
Video credit @hi5sfoundation @generikaldesign
WELCOME TO REHABILITATION BROCHURE
About the Rehabilitation Center at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center - Download our brochure for a detailed glimpse into our high quality, innovative, and compassionate inpatient rehabilitation services for brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, and general rehabilitation. In it you’ll learn about:
- Our expert and specialized care
- Our comprehensive and integrated treatment programs and services
- Personalized care for patients and families
- Our innovative rehabilitation technology
- Our unparalleled rehabilitation support programs for patients and families
- How to make a referral, be referred, and other admissions information
SCVMC Welcome to Rehabilitation Brochure
- Accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by Medi-Cal and Medicare.
- Seven accreditations by the Commission of the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for adult and children/adolescent rehabilitation in spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, and general rehabilitation.