A HOSPITAL WITHIN A HOSPITAL
The Rehabilitation Center has immediate access to the full resources of a major medical center, including Level I Trauma. SCVMC is the only Level I trauma center with a full service rehabilitation center in the Bay Area. It also offers the Respiratory Rehabilitation Unit, an ICU-type setting where patients can receive early and aggressive rehabilitation-oriented care.
The Rehabilitation Center is staffed by full time, board-certified physicians and physiatrists with experience and specialized training in brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke. Plus, personal, one-on-one time daily with physical, occupational, and speech therapists to strengthen each patient and make progress toward recovery.
- Aretech ZeroG Gait & Balance Training System – includes a track with a 400-pound load capacity and a wearable sensor system for assessing gait, balance and postural control. The system allows for intensive therapy to start earlier and reduces risk of falling.
- Ekso Bionics GT ExoSkeleton – a wearable robotic exoskeleton designed to assist patients with mobility, from first steps to advanced walking.
- Therapy Pool with HydroWorx Training System – a computerized underwater treadmill that allows clinicians to evaluate, treat, and monitor improvements in patient biomechanics based on therapy and information viewed via underwater camera system.
- Dynavision – an interactive device used to improve visual, cognitive, and physical performance for patients recovering from a stroke or traumatic brain injury.
- NeuroCom System – leading-edge computerized tool used to assess and treat patients with challenges associated with balance and mobility through gaze stabilization and visual feedback.
- Adaptive Tech – Upper and lower body exercise machines equipped with functional electrical stimulation (FES) help to move a patient’s arms and legs, aiding with muscle strength and reducing spasticity. A person may train from a chair or wheelchair.
- Outdoor Terrain Park – allows patients to safely re-learn everyday skills such as walking on curbs, stairs and slippery surfaces, or navigating a wheelchair on various surfaces, such as gravel or sand.
PHOTO SLIDE SHOW
Click through the slideshow to view our beautiful new, state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility, the Sobrato Pavilion, which features 64 private rehabilitation patient rooms and the latest technology for treating patients suffering from brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke.