Bill Wilson Center for Youth and Young Adults
The Bill Wilson Center (BWC) Walk-In Clinic is an easily accessible medical clinic, located at the Bill Wilson Center’s Drop-In Center for youth experiencing homelessness.
The team is made up of a medical doctor, psychiatrist and nurse. We are open during the day, in the same space used by BWC at night as a respite for homeless youth. We work with BWC staff to provide mental health and substance use services, but also provide referrals to other services within Santa Clara Valley Medical Center or Valley Homeless Healthcare Program as needed.
Our goal is to provide compassionate and comprehensive medical care to Santa Clara County’s most vulnerable, disconnected (and often homeless) youth.
693 South 2nd Street
San Jose, CA
VTA Bus #66, #68
WALK-IN CLINIC HOURS & SERVICES
Patients can walk-in during our clinic hours below. Visits are first-come, first-served and can sometimes run out, so patients should get to the clinic as early as they can.
- We offer primary care services, like physical exams, immunizations/vaccines, and treatment for conditions like acne, asthma, and sports injuries
- We offer confidential reproductive health services, like birth control including birth control pills, nexplanon (the implant) and intra-uterine devices (IUDs). We also offer plan B, pregnancy testing, testing and treatment of HIV and sexually transmitted infections, and PrEP and PEP (the medicines that prevent HIV).
- We use a payment program known as Family PACT to offer free and confidential reproductive health services.
- We offer mental health services, like treatment and counseling for depression, anxiety, and other mental health concerns
- The clinic is also a safe space and offers gender-affirming services for transgender, non-binary and gender diverse people experiencing homelessness.
PRIMARY CARE SERVICES
- Tuesdays 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Wednesdays 12:00 pm (noon) – 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm