hOW TO Prescribe Medications
IF YOU ARE A PRESCRIBER:
These medications should only be prescribed to patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection, AND within 5 days of symptom onset.
- Confirm that the patient:
- Meets eligibility criteria as determined by the FDA EUA
- Is COVID-19 positive, and
- Is within 5 days of symptom onset
- For more information about using these oral antivirals in clinical practice, providers should visit the NIH website for the most updated treatment guidelines.
- Check for medication availability using the searchable COVID Therapeutics Locator maps:
- Send the prescription electronically to the pharmacy with inventory
IF YOU ARE A PATIENT:
- Contact your healthcare provider to see if this medication is right for you
- Prescriptions can only be ordered by your doctor and available at specific pharmacies
- Pick up your medication within 24 hours (one calendar day) from the same pharmacy that your doctor called to provide the prescription