Program & Services
We provide patients and guests with a warm welcome, assistance navigating the hospital and clinics, important information, support programs and resources. Whatever you need, we will respond as quickly as we can. We’re here to serve you, and we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
CICare is an evidenced-based customer service model with a standardized process for interactions with patients, families, colleagues, and others. It is a communication tool, developed by UCLA Health System and used by Stanford Health. It has been proven to promote positive interactions from beginning to end.
CICare stands for:
- Connect by always referring to the other person by their preferred name (to build trust)
- Introduce yourself and your role to the other person (to build confidence)
- Communicate what you’re going to do (to understand, clarify and anticipate needs and expectations)
- Ask for permission before taking an action (to demonstrate respect and courteousness)
- Respond to questions or concerns in a timely manner (to show genuine interest and attentiveness)
- Exit politely and confidently and always end with a thank you (to show we appreciate their business)
SCVMC has chosen the CICare model to standardize the way in which we interact with others. It also provides tools to become more effective and consistent at modeling the positive behaviors of ALWAYS delivering EXCELLENT customer service and EXCEEDING expectations for the patient experience.
With many recent changes in healthcare, more patients now have a choice of where they want to receive their care. That’s why we need to be consistent in providing EXCELLENT care and being the BEST at what we do in our various roles in the organization. It is important for us to ALWAYS remember that our patients have options when it comes to their healthcare – and we want and need them to continue to choose SCVMC as their provider of choice.
The launch of CICARE training for all SCVMC hospital and clinics staff kicked off on August 2015 and it continues on today. It has also become a permanent part of our New Employee Orientation program. On September 2016, CICARE E-Learning training was launched and is now a mandatory annual requirement training for all staff.
EMPLOYEE REWARD & RECOGNITION
Our most important asset and strength is our employees. Building a culture and environment based on employee appreciation, recognition and engagement is crucial to our success in providing excellent patient experience.
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center encourages and recognizes outstanding and significant performance and contribution that are aligned with our goals, values and visions.
Click here to Download Compliment Form