Santa Clara Valley Medical Center is the only facility in Northern California that can provide comprehensive care for the full range of life-threatening and life-altering injuries or illnesses. Whether it is a burn, trauma, spinal cord or brain injury in adults or children, or women facing a high-risk pregnancy and delivery, SCVMC provides the breadth of highly trained specialized physicians, nurses, therapists, and others who will provide exceptional treatment.
We serve patients and their families with state-of-the-art resources, a team approach to care and treatment. There is careful attention to both psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient as well as their family or significant other. Our goal is to return our patients back to their lives and families as quickly and fully able as possible by providing the highest quality of care and service, applying best practices in team care.
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies healthcare organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards. Other quality accreditations and recognition that SCVMC holds include:
▪ Stroke accreditation by The Joint Commission
▪ Rehabilitation LIST TYPES accreditation by the Council on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
▪ Level I Adult Trauma and Level II Pediatric Trauma accreditation by the American College of Surgeons
▪ Burn Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons
▪ Recognized with Leader status in LGBT care by the Human Rights Campaign
▪ Designated as a Comprehensive Emergency Department and only one in the Bay area.